Residential Golf SchoolsThe Le Meridien Ibom Hotel & Golf Resort recently commences its offers of the perfect setting for residential golf schools with its world recognized championship golf course, first class practice facilities and experienced coaching team, led by PGA coach, Roger Yates.
Roger has coached golfers for over 35 years all over the world and has seen many of his pupils play internationally for England, Ireland and Kenya. His unique approach to coaching the game is already making a significant difference to the golfers of the Ibom GC who are based at the resort.
Whilst the idea of residential golf schools is not new in the world of golf, it is certainly unique to Nigeria and one that promises either established or new golfers the perfect way to improve their game.
Corporate Nigeria is taking a fresh look at the potential golf has as a sport for improving their ability to network and team build, which shows that the resort’s decision to reinvest in its golfing offering has come at the perfect time.
With initiatives such as these the resort is quickly re-establishing itself as the No 1 golfing destination in Nigeria, if not West Africa.
The resort offers its new coaching and corporate packages in the following way;
Residential Schools Program
• Ready to play – this is for groups of 8 golfers who are new to the game, and will include 2 hours tuition in the morning, lunch and then play on the course in the afternoon. These would ideally be 3 night or 5 night packages, but 1 or 2 night packages are available.
• Ready to compete – this is for groups of 8 golfers who have been playing for a while and will include individual swing analysis with the V1 system, 2 hours tuition each morning, lunch and then 9 holes of supervised play. These would ideally be 3 night or 5 night packages, but 1 or 2 night packages are available. .
• Ready for the Tour – this is for groups of 4 golfers normally lower handicaps and will include individual swing analysis with V1 system, fitness assessment, 2 hours tuition or gym session in the morning, lunch and then 18 holes golf in the afternoon. These would ideally be 2 night, 3 night, or 4 night packages.
• Corporate Team Building – including golf as part of any tailored team building program. This offers an introduction to the game and some fun skills challenges. These can be fitted into any team building program.
Golf Clinic Program
These are valuable ways of adding value to any corporate golf day
• Demonstration – this would be of 60 minute duration – this is non client participation clinic –themes to include common fault fixes, power golf, understanding the swing etc.
• Clinic Hour – this would be of 90 minute duration – a client participation clinic with 2 pros in attendance.
• Short game - this would be of 90 minute duration – a client participation clinic dedicated to the short game, chipping, pitching, bunker shots, putting, with 2 pros in attendance.
• Long game - this would be of 90 minute duration – a client participation clinic dedicated to the long game, swing analysis, driving, fairway woods, with 2 pros in attendance.
• Power golf - this would be of 90 minute duration – a client participation clinic dedicated to increasing power. Strength & Flexibility testing, improving balance, with 2 pros in attendance.
• Course management - this would be of 90 minute duration – a client participation clinic dedicated to course management with 2 pros in attendance.
Corporate Day Specials
These are additional services that must add value to any corporate or charity day.
• Beat the Pro – the pro is positioned at a par 3 and the field have the chance to try to hit nearer to the pin than the pro manages with each group. This would work particularly well at the 16th hole at Ibom as it is late in the round. Each player would win a prize if they beat the pro.
• Buy the Pro’s tee shot – the pro is positioned at a difficult driving hole (4th hole at Ibom) and hits with each group, and for a pre-arranged fee (normally a charitable donation) a player can buy the Pro’s tee shot to replace their own for this hole.
• Play a hole with the Pro – the pro plays one hole (normally a par 3) with each group and offers advice to everyone involved.
• Swing Analysis – everybody playing has their tee shot filmed on a nominated hole (normally the 1st hole) and after play a professional analyses their swing normally in front of the group – a fun activity.
The General Manager of Le Meridien Ibom Hotel & Golf Resort –Marc Devroye gladly informs all golf enthusiasts as well as those aspiring to learn and become Professionals players that “ Le Meridien Ibom Hotel and Golf Resort has one of the best coaches in the world in Roger Yates and together with our unique 19 hole golf course we are set to build a country of professionals of the sport from young children, teenagers to adults”, everyone can play, you just need to explore this opportunity with us, it is life changing” says Marc Devroye.
Feel free to discover us on http://www.lemeridienibom.com/
About Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts
Le Méridien, the Paris-born hotel brand currently represented by nearly 100 properties in more than 40 countries, was acquired by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: HOT) in November 2005. With more than 80 of its properties located in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia-Pacific, Le Méridien provided a strong international complement to Starwood’s then primarily North American holdings at the time of purchase. Since then, Le Méridien has gone through a brand re-launch, which included a large scale hotels product consolidation as well as redefining its brand strategy. Through creation of the LM100 artist community, Le Méridien has transformed numerous guest touch points, thus bringing unique, interactive and curated experiences to its guests. Plans call for dynamic expansion of Le Méridien Hotels and Resorts within the next five years, concentrating on markets in Asia-Pacific and the Americas. Le Méridien recently opened new hotels in Bali, Atlanta, Dallas, Istanbul, Oran (Algeria), Arlington (Virginia, USA), and Coimbatore (India), and will open in the next 12 months in Chicago, Zhengzhou (China), Mahabaleshwar (India), Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam), Cairo (Egypt), Qingdao (China), Dhaka (Bangladesh), Tampa (Florida, USA) and Columbus (Ohio, USA). For more information, please visit www.lemeridien.com or www.facebook.com/lemeridien.
Follow Venussbay on Twitter/Instagram @venussbay, Facebook.com/venussbay and Pinterest.com/venussbay. Our BB Pin: 7C7733DC.